Blogiarhiiv

10/15/2017

The Bordellos – The Bordellos Underground Tape Vol 7 (2017)



  • Indie rock 
  • Lo-fi 
  • DIY 
  • Alternative rock 
  • Outsider pop 
  • Indie folk

Comment: since the end of the 00s I have had two great lo-fi and DIY acts from the very underground of the United Kingdom, more profoundly, The Hirundu, and Clinker. Since 2014 or 2015 I can consider The Bordellos as a third act in the list. Why I like the mentioned acts? It might be because of their cynicism in lyrics and in their music which in turn harks back to my personal experiences while listening to an early MES and The Fall, especially Perverted By Language (1983). Of course, I like the music of the recent ones because these influences cannot be heard as a copy paste version but one can hear unexpected dodges and tradition ruined appearances in music. The Bordellos is not a unit who somehow likes to be aesthetically repressed. They have been doing what they like to do. They have released a bunch of EPs and some albums so far. This 4-notch one is based on quiet and even buried incantations based on primitive chords and visions. Let's call it lo-fi jangle pop, primitive Americana, outsider folk music, tea cup sadcore. I have nothing left to do as they sing. Like The Fall has always loved rockabilly as an American influence The Bordellos has added Americana as an American influence to the latest releases. I have no regret while spending time with it though I would prefer the combo's previous ones because at times it is way too buried. But I understood their musical path to move on from one point to the next one. That's the logic, that's the dynamics.