Blogiarhiiv

10/02/2018

Twin Muses – French Afrocentric EP (2010)



  • Trip-hop 
  • Electronic music
  • Hip-hop
  • Art pop 
  • Urban music

Comment: I can remember for those days approximately 20 years ago when I had been listening to Britpop. I would like to prefer to buy the tapes and actually these mediums used to be more dear than the compact discs today as well. Inside the bunch of guitar music there were represented a couple of albums of trip-hop to create a special feeling for certain moments. I did have Portishead's Dummy (1994), and Tricks Pre-Millenium Tension (1996). Actually something like that I experienced by listening to this 4-track record under Dusted Wax Kingdom. At least I could rehash the aforementioned memories. More detailedly, oneiric female singing by Marquee Gibb, smoky scratches, orchestrated panning, dusty reed organs. And all of that is adeptly backed up by fatty, almost tectonic beats. And the most important aspect to be added – the artist (Mr. Moods, and Marquee Gibb) obviously succeeded to get synergistic essence from it. I think today it could be tagged as art/sophisti-pop. Yeah, I love it.