Blogiarhiiv

3/15/2016

Sigur Ros - June 16, 2008 Grand Ballroom (2008)




  • Post-rock
  • Ambient rock
  • Art rock
  • Epic
  • Alternative rock
  • Indie rock
  • Dream pop
  • Live recording

Comment: I switched on my magnetophone and USB device to play this previously highly acclaimed gig and to convey a presumably magnificient ambiance for the evening of today. In fact, the Icelandic juggernaut within indie and post-rock realm who were joined by their friends and compatriots Amiina and a section of horn from Iceland for this time would have made something absolutely otherwise - they occupied the room around me, altered my consciousness to enchanting one to feel myself more relaxed and calmed down. At their heydays I was not the biggest fan of the combo`s music by feeling they were a little bit overrated because of their (faux-)mystical yet quite boring aesthetic. I then rather preferred to listen to such combos as Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Stereolab, and Tortoise, for instance. By listening to their gig at Grand Ballroom by now all seems to be changing deeply inside me. It starts off with the combo`s classic Svefn-g-Englar which makes out very well  for me. The issue goes on with some other classic tracks thereafter. It might be their music rings out even greater while being performed live. Jònsi`s singing is enchanting in the middle of melting organ drones and pummeling drums cascades and guitar chords over the place. Somthing of this kind needs no words to impose upon you. Get it and enjoy it!