Blogiarhiiv

2/06/2019

Erik Blood – Touch Screens (2012)




  • Noise pop 
  • Indie dance 
  • Alternative rock 
  • Alternative dance 
  • Shoegaze 
  • Electronic 
  • Dream pop 
  • Indie rock 
  • Cinematic 
  • Nugaze

Comment: although I have criticized the so-called nugaze artists I have to admit while listening to these artists I like their music. However, thereafter I forgot what I had been listening because there is a little to be evaluated on its own. Of course, there have been some artists and some albums I used to bring once in a while. For instance, Dykehouse`s Midrange (2004, Ghostly International), and Sereena Maneesh`s self-titled debut album (2005, HoneyMilk). One can find out elements from both of these albums on this Seattle, US-based artist. Dykehouse`s dance-appealed electronic grooves and Sereena Maneesh`s noisy yet truly beatific impulses. Furthermore, beatific because of being noisy first of all. From the first seconds and glimpses at the cover print and lyrics the 12-track is as provocative as suggestive as mind-blowing. Are these sexy dreams or dreamy sex? All this theme to be set aside – to move away from the carnal one to a heaven one – can also hear cinematic orchestrations. I like Erik Blood is being adept to float off from obvious comparisons with My Bloody Valentine, and other shoegaze juggernauts. His musical cognition seems to be a bit different. In a word, it can be considered a nugaze masterpiece.